Our dentists know that when children understand the importance of good oral hygiene, then they will make the effort to keep their teeth healthy for life. This is why Dr. Pryor, Dr. Higbee, and our dental team visit schools, so we can educate kids about how they need to regularly brush and floss in order to keep their pearly whites strong and healthy for years to come. Contact our children’s dentists in St. George, Utah, if you would like them to present a dental program at your child’s school.
Our dental team knows how important it is to educate young children on proper brushing and flossing techniques. When kids understand the importance of maintaining excellent oral hygiene, then they are more likely to do so and make daily brushing and flossing a habit for life. For this reason, we visit schools and teach kids about:
- How to correctly brush their teeth twice a day using a soft-bristle toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste
- How to correctly floss between their teeth once a day
- Why maintaining a nutritious diet is important in keeping their teeth and gums healthy
- The dangers of plaque, cavities, and periodontal disease and how oral hygiene helps to prevent these problems
- Why they need to regularly visit a dentist for routine cleanings and exams if they want to keep a healthy smile for life
Kids will learn the above information and more when we present a dental program at their school. Education is key to maintaining a strong, beautiful, healthy smile, and our team loves to provide this education. If you would like us to present a dental hygiene program at your child’s school, then call us today at 435-673-3490.