Getting a tooth pulled isn’t always the best of times, but that doesn’t mean you need to suffer through it in unbearable pain until you heal either. There are plenty of ways to not only lessen the pain, but also, to speed up recovery time. Everything from what you eat, to how much you rest, can have a big impact on your overall experience, especially the post-surgery recovery. Here are some well-worn tips to aid you:
– Follow your dentist’s advice and instructions.
– If swelling occurs, apply ice packs.
– Follow th e strict diet as given by your dentist.
– Stop smoking, or give it up at least 48 hours before and after surgery.
– Rest heavily, and try to avoid exercise
– To avoid choking, wait until the anesthetic wears off before eating.
– If necessary, take any pain medications or antibiotics prescribed by your dentist, exactly as instructed.
Follow these steps, and you will be on the road to recovery.
Consult your dentist if you experience:
– Heavy pain that lasts three to four days post-surgery
– An increase in swelling
– Ongoing bleeding that won’t stop
– An ongoing fever that won’t go away
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to call St. George Kids Dental at 435-673-3490 to talk to a member of our team. Call us today, or stop by our office in St. George, Utah, and we will help you in any way we can. We look forward to hearing from you soon!